Privacy statement on personal data to be collected during Ponsse’s recruitment process.
Business ID: 0934209-0
FI-74200 Vieremä, Finland,
Phone +358 20 768 800,
Contact information for data file-related matters
Human Resources Manager Sari Kiiskinen
firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +358 40 4829 205
Name of data file:
Ponsse’s recruitment data file
Ground for and purpose of processing personal data
The ground for processing personal data is
- compliance with the obligations and specific rights of the controller and the data subject in the field of labour law; and/or
- an express consent by the data subject to the processing of his or her personal data.
The purpose of processing personal data is to collect and maintain information on applicants (‘data subject’) who apply for a vacancy at Ponsse. A person may create a profile in the recruitment system to apply for a certain vacancy or to file an open application and to receive information on job opportunities at Ponsse.
Personal data are collected and maintained for the following purposes:
- Measures related to recruitment, management of the recruitment process, and support for personnel resourcing
- Management of the applicants’ data related to the application process for contacting the applicants, if necessary
- Decision-making in the filling of vacancies
Content of data file
Data provided by the applicant himself or herself in the application and its attachments as well as any further data entered by Ponsse during the recruitment process.
The register may include the following personal data on the applicant which are relevant for the recruitment process and vacancy:
- Basic information, such as the name, date of birth, gender, mother tongue, user name and/or another identifier, password
- Contact information, such as a private email address, private phone number and address information
- Information related to the vacancy applied for by the applicant, such as information on the form and type of employment relationship and information on the person designated as the person responsible for the application process. More detailed information is given in the vacancy announcement;
- Other information the applicant has given to the controller during the application process on himself or herself or on his or her background etc., such as a photograph, information on studies and other education, profession, information on employment history (such as employers, starting time and duration of employment relationships and type of duties), language skills, other expertise, description of personal characteristics, various certificates and assessments, references to portfolios and profiles available on the Internet or to other sources, as well as references
- Information on the progress of the applicant’s recruitment process, such as information on a further interview or on interruption of the process
- Data generated during Ponsse’s recruitment process and by external shareholders, such as information related to interviews and tests
- Any other information the applicant has voluntarily provided in connection with the recruitment process or data separately collected by the controller at the data subject’s consent
Information sources of data file
The primary source of information of the data to be saved in the data file is the applicant himself or herself. The data also consist of information saved during the recruitment process, where all parties participating in the recruitment process, including recruitment consultants, may be sources of information. Other information sources are used within the limits laid down by law. If necessary, we also use recruitment consultants as an information source.
By filing a job application the applicant gives a permission to collect his or her data from a profile published by him or her for a professional purpose to the extent that collecting the data is necessary with regard to recruitment and is related to assessing the applicant’s performance at work, considering the vacancy in question.
Disclosure and transfer of data
The recruitment data are only intended for Ponsse’s internal purposes. Applicants’ personal data stored in the data file are disclosed on the basis of the applicant’s consent to the companies of the Group in order to bring applicants and employers together.
We disclose personal data as permitted and obligated by applicable legislation only to parties which have the right to receive data from the data file under an act and/or a contract. We may also disclose data for other purposes in accordance with the Finnish legislation.
In the processing of personal data we use subcontractors acting on our behalf. In addition, we use subcontractors in the processing of personal data for the following services:
- recruitment services
- legal services
- providers of IT systems
We have concluded necessary processing agreements with our subcontractors in order to protect the data subject’s data. We cannot name all our subcontractors because of, for example, projects in the development phase. We have consequently decided to name only the types of subcontractors.
We do not disclose data from the data file to any other than the above-mentioned external parties, unless a separate consent has been requested and obtained from the data subject for disclosing the data.
Personal data can be transferred outside of the EU/EEA if the applicant has applied for a vacancy outside of the EU/EEA. We have taken care of appropriate protection measures in relation to data transfer, and we use standard contractual clauses adopted by the EU.
Protection and storage of data
Only our employees who have the right to process applicants’ data as part of their duties are entitled to use databases containing personal data. The data file is protected with necessary technical and organisational measures. Data are collected into databases protected with a user name, password, firewall and other technical means. The data file is stored on the technical administrator’s protected servers, and the electronic connection has been protected. The persons processing data are under a secrecy obligation in respect of the data they have obtained. Databases and their backup copies are located in locked premises, and only persons designated in advance have access to the data.
We store personal data as long as this is necessary for their purpose of use. In principle, data can be used for recruitment for one (1) year. The data will be destroyed within two (2) years. If we recruit the applicant, we store the information he or she has provided in the application process in his or her personnel profile in accordance with our privacy statement concerning our employees’ data.
We regularly assess the need for the storage of data, considering the applicable legislation. In addition, we take reasonable measures to ensure that no data on the data subject are stored in the data file which are incompatible, outdated or inaccurate with respect to the processing purposes.
Rights of data subject
The data subject has the right to check his or her personal data stored in the personnel data file and the right to request that inaccurate data be rectified and data be erased. The data subject also has the right to withdraw his or her consent if the processing of his or her data is based on a consent. Requests concerning the matter must be submitted in person or in writing to the contact person referred to in item 2.
The data subject has the right to object to the processing of his or her personal data within the limits required by law or to request restriction of the processing of his or her data and to file an appeal on the processing of personal data with a supervisory authority.
With regard to all questions and requests concerning personal data, the data subject should contact the person responsible for Ponsse’s personal data file referred to in item 2.